Wednesday 3 February 2016

WashDay - Second Henna Treatment

I did my second henna application over a week ago. As I mentioned here, I plan to do henna treatments once a month.

PREPARATION + APPLICATION
The preparation and application steps were very similar to the steps in my first henna treatment. The major differences are as follows:

  • I did not have to mix from my henna paste scratch. I only brought out the paste from my first mix that I had kept frozen, and left it out in the kitchen overnight for it to thaw.
  • I did a henna treatment proper this time unlike the conditioning henna treatment I did the first time. So I didn't mix in any conditioner, I only added 2 tablespoons of honey.


I prepooed overnight with Tresemme naturals nourishing moisture conditioner + honey + extra virgin olive oil.
Shampooed with Creme of nature moisture and shine sulphate-free shampoo. I used warm water and I lathered twice.

I squeezed out excess water and wrapped my hair in a cotton tshirt. I then applied the thawed henna paste using the same method I used for my first application.

Thawed Henna Paste

I wrapped my hair in clingfilm and used my Hair Therapy Wrap to apply heat. The heat from the heat therapy wrap lasted about 40 minutes but I left the henna on for a total of 4 hours.




I washed out the henna under a running tap. It washed out so easily but my hair felt quite hard. However, after I used Tresemme naturals nourishing moisture conditioner and rinsed it out, my hair felt softer immediately.

I squeezed out excess water and wrapped my hair in a cotton tshirt. Then I deep conditioned for about 30 minutes with Aussie 3 minutes miracle deep conditioner + Tropic Isle JBCO ( Rosemary ) + Roux porosity control. I rinsed out the deep conditioner with cold water and I detangled in the shower with help of the running water and a wide-toothed comb.

STYLING
I tshirt-dried for about an hour, then I sealed the moisture left in my hair with my oil mix. My hair felt strong and soft at the same time. I really loved the feel. I started parting my hair into sections, applied megagrowth profectiv daily leave-in strengthener, then detangled. Detangling was easy peasy despite the fact that I was 7 weeks post and already had about an inch of new growth.

I applied one/two pumps of beautiful textures curl defining mousse to each detangled section and sealed with my whipped shea butter and twisted. I used the smallest foam rollers in my set of conair foam rollers on the ends of each twist. The twists were 10 in total.


I tied my hair up in my satin scarf and went to bed. The next morning I unravelled each twist after applying a little  whipped shea butter in my palms. I Loveeeeed the results.

Day 1 

Day 3

Day 5

This is the best heat-free curls style/method I've ever tried. They were easy to do, easy to sleep in unlike flexi rod sets (That I also love by the way) and the result? Amazing. I had never tried twistouts before now, even though I have done braidouts several times but I've never been able to get this much curl definition. The curls also lasted longer than the curls I get from braidouts.

 Ladies, what is your favourite heat-free curls style?

Thanks for stopping by. 
Bee 


The Wash Day Experience

9 comments:

  1. Nice. Sounds so easy.Will try it soon. Your twist out is sooooo lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yea!you should definitely try it. I hope to hear from you about your henna treatment soon.

      Delete
  2. Im a henna lover too!
    But i am lazy so u use my henna as a prepoo lol www.thehairlover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jooryn! Using Henna as a prepoo is actually a less time consuming way to apply henna. I'll probably give it a try sometimes. do you get desirable colour results?

      Delete
    2. Yes I have some results. But the best is to do it once a month because using it too often will darken your colour instead

      Delete
    3. Yes I have some results. But the best is to do it once a month because using it too often will darken your colour instead

      Delete
  3. Im a henna lover too!
    But i am lazy so u use my henna as a prepoo lol www.thehairlover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay team henna! love the results.

    https://lauralivll.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yea!!! cheers to being henna heads. thanks. mwwuaaah!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...