Monday 9 May 2016

Texlax/Relaxer Update #2




I did my first texlax touch-up of the year on 20/4/2016 at 20 weeks post touch-up. This was my longest stretch and it wasn't so bad at all. Although, I have not decided if I would stretch for that long again. Read how I prepared my hair HERE.

Pre-application: I parted my hair in 4 quadrants and detangled thoroughly. I then further divided each quadrant into one inch sections and twisted each section. I always do this to make the relaxer application easier and faster. I discovered the night before that I had run out of vaseline, so instead, I used raw shea butter to base scalp, edges and to protect my ears. I also applied a lot of shea butter to the length of my hair not sparing my new growth. I added 2 tablespoons of Extra virgin olive oil to about half jar of ORS lye relaxer in normal strength and mixed thoroughly.

Application: I started the stopwatch onmy phone and simply applied the relaxer to my NEW GROWTH ONLY on both sides of each pre-parted section. I started application at the back and finished in the front. After applying relaxer to all the sections I smoothed each quadrant once with my fingers. Application, smoothing and waiting took 15 minutes.

Rinsing + Neutralising: Just before I started rinsing out the relaxer, I applied Roux Porosity Control Conditioner to my previously relaxed hair to further prevent relaxer run-off. I rinsed with warm water starting from the first quadrant I applied relaxer to, to the last. I rinsed thoroughly then did a mid-step protein treatment with Aphogee Keratin Two Minutes Reconstructor. I then started washing with Vitale Olive Oil Neutralising Shampoo. I left the 4th and 5th later on for about 5 minutes each. Although the shampoo has colour alarm but better safe than sorry. I rinsed out the last lather and wrapped my hair in a cotton tshirt.

Deep Conditioning: I deed conditioned with a mix of ORS Replenishing Conditioner + Roux Porosity Control + 1 tablespoon Grapeseed Oil + 1 tablespoon JBCO ( Rosemary ). I used my Electric heating cap and rinsed with cold water after about 20 minutes.

After - Care: I tshirt-dried for 15 minutes, detangled and then blow-dried on low heat using the comb attachment.
Products used: Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea Restructurizer, African Pride Shea Butter Miracle Moisture Intense Leave-in Conditioner, Fantasia IC Hair Polisher Carrot Growth Serum.
I decided to give my hair a break and not flat iron plus the result I got from blow-drying was satisfactory.

 Results & Length Check: I gained about 2 inches since my last major trim (after my last touch-up). My thickness/volume has also increased.

Relaxed hair
HairvolutionbyBee length check tshirt

I trimmed my hair taking off just about an inch. The longest part of my hair (crown) before I trimmed measured 17 inches. I'm also glad that my right side is now catching up with my left side which has a faster growth.

Nigerian hair
Post-trim hair - BSL!!!
 
Length check shirt

length check texlaxed hair
I'm loving the increase in thickness 
Overall I'm happy with my progress. 

xx,
Bee 

11 comments:

  1. Wow I love the results! Hopefully next relaxer I'll be that length too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jooryn! Hopefully you'll be. Fingers crossed

      Delete
  2. Wow I love the results! Hopefully next relaxer I'll be that length too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice but i would trim away the thin ends

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shantel! I actually did trim as much as I decided to trim this time. There's a post-trim pic except you wer expecting me to trim more

      Delete
  4. Bee does your hair clamp and get matted together while stretching?

    https://naturallykinkyme.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It used to do that earlier in my hhj but seems I've pretty much got my hair figured out now. Just some knots and tangles every now and then

      Delete
  5. Oh my! This is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair has gotten soo much thicker! Great progress Bee. I would jump up and down the day I measure a strand and its 17 inches long :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Thanks Becca. I definitely did a victory dance. lol

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...