Tuesday 12 July 2016

DIY HOMEMADE FACIAL SCRUB FOR BLACKHEADS

diy facial scrub for acne

I never really had a reason to take facial care seriously until recently. That is because I did not have issues with pimples/acne. My face was just effortlessly. Even the few stubborn ones that pop up at that "time" of the month dry up within a matter of days. The story changed a few months ago when I started having crazy breakouts and blackheads. Alas! my face is not as flawless as it used to be *sobs*. I have still not been able to figure out why I'm get them, age or hormones maybe.

Anyway, I have been more proactive with my facial care/routine. However, while I have been able to significantly reduce the breakouts, the blackheads are more difficult to get rid of. Hence, the need for a scrub. I did some research online and threw together some ingredients I had in my kitchen.

RECIPE
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup fine sea salt
1 Tablespoon honey
1 Tablespoon cinnamon powder
1 Tablespoon spoon Grapeseed oil 
Directions: Add all ingredients into a bowl, mix thoroughly with a fork and scoop the mixture in to a container of your choice that has a lid. Quite easy right? I know!


homemade facial scrub

diy facial scrub

How to use: Wash your face then scoop some of the scrub and apply to your face moving in circular motions. Do this for 3 to 5 minutes and rinse with warm water. Follow with an astringent or toner of your choice. Do this at least once a week.

facial scrub

I especially love the smell of the scrub because of the cinnamon and honey.

Note: To get the most benefits of using a facial scrub, it's best to use it after facial steaming. This is because the steaming would have opened up your pores.

That is it ladies! I hope this works for me, fingers crossed.

Will you give this a try, what other easy diy remedies do you have up your sleeves? I would love to read from you in the comments section.

xx,
Bee.

1 comment:

  1. Nice recipe. I've had my fair share of blackheads and I've used this recipe too just without the salt and cinnamon. I also used Olive Oil instead if Grapeseed oil. It worked really well for me especially after a facial steam like you said so I'm positive it will work for you as well.

    Moma's Healthy Hair Journey

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...