Tuesday 28 February 2017

Product Review: ORS Hair Mayonnaise

One of my goals for my blog this year is to do at least one product review per month. So to kick it off this month, it's only right that I start one of the products that have the most impact on my hair. The product is no other than. ..... ORS Hair Mayonnaise!  

ORS Hair Mayonnaise


Product: ORS Hair Mayonnaise
Price range: N1200 - N1800
Size: 8oz, 16 oz          
Ingredients: Aqua, Glycerin, Polyquaternim-32, Cetearyl Alcohol, Carthamus Tinctorius Seed Oil (Safflower), Dimethicone PEG-7 Cocoate, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate / Dicaprate, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Paraffinum Liquidum, Olea Europaea Oil (Olive), Cetyl Alcohol, Dicetyl Dimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Behentrimonium Methosulfate,  Lanolin Oil, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate, Dicaprate, Tridecyl Trimellitate,   Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Phenyl Trimethicone, Panthenol, Cholesterol, Urtica Dioica Extract (Nettle), Capsicum Annuum Extract (Paprika),  Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Dimethicone, Ovum (Egg Powder), Fragrance (Parfum), Benzyl Benzoate, d-Limonene, Linalool, DMDM Hydantoin, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, CI 15985, CI 19140

Promises:  An intensive conditioning treatment that moisturizes and strengthens helping to reduce shedding abd breakage and enhance shine.

Attributes: Thick, Creamy, Light yellow colour, mild but pleasant scent.


How I use it: My hair is madly, head over heels in love with this deep conditioner. I usually use it once a month or twice when I notice more breakage than usual. I apply to my hair in sections after shampooing and cover with shower cap under a heat cap for at least 20 minutes. Then I rinse with cool water. Despite this product being a medium protein treatment, my hair usually feels so soft after I use it. Sometimes, I even think it's more of a balanced deep conditioner for me. I always follow with a moisturizing deep/rinse-out conditioner though, just because I don't want to risk having protein-overload.

What I like

  • Availability; This product is very easy to get. Hair & Beauty stores usually have it in stock. You can even find it in local markets.
  • Price; I think the price is quite fair for the job it does. 
  • It's a great protein treatment for my hair. It delivers. It makes my hair stronger yet so soft. 
  • A little goes a long way, I don't have to pile so much in my hair to get it well saturated. I use the 8 oz jar about 4 times. 
*note: my hair is bra-strap length.
  • It has quite a decent amount of slip
  • It does a great job with or without any additions. I've used it several times without adding oils, honey e.t.c. and my hair still felt very great after.
  • Lovely smell but not overpowering or too strong

 What I don't like
  • Despite the fact that my hair responds so well to this deep conditioner, I can't help but frown at and question some of the listed ingredients. Ingredients I don't like are highlighted in red in the ingredients list above, and there are others that I have no idea what they mean or do. I guess you can't have it all in a product sometimes.
  • I wish I could get a huge tub of it, like 1000g or 32 oz. lol


Rating: 4/5   

Will I repurchase? : Of course! I've used several jars already. It's a staple in my regimen.

Have you tried this product, drop your comments. Let me know your thoughts. 

xx,
Bee

1 comment:

  1. Parafinum liquidinum is synthetic oil, methyl and propyl parabens are both preservatives, can be found in food we eat and so far, no reasonable conclusions as to their connection with cancer.

    Sodium lauryl sulfate is a surfactant used in ridding hair of build ups. Note the positioning of all the ingredients since first 5-6 ingredients make the biggest composition of any product except for few that must be used in very low concentration.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...