Sunday 12 February 2017

Wash day post: Recovering from Breakage

If you have been following my posts, you would know that I suffered a setback as a result of breakage. This was especially evident in my thin ends after my texlax in December 2016. I did a major trim back them and I've also been trimming/dusting every other washday. During trimming I've noticed quite a bit of split and bent ends. Of course I snip away anytime I find them. To reduce the breakage and improve the overall health of my hair, I've incorporated more protein into my washdays.

Washday recap

  • Prepoo: Palm kernel oil (this is my new found oil-love, it's awesome) with heat for 20 minutes
  • Shampoo: VO5 Shampoo
  • Deep Conditioner: ORS Hair Mayonnaise + A tablespoon of vegetable glycerin + tablespoon Tropic Isle JBCO with Sage with heat for 45 minutes. My hair especially loves this deep conditioner. It makes my hair so soft yet strong, unlike the typical hard feeling that follows protein DC. Last year, I rarely  used it as much as I used to because I thought I could substitute it with Organics Hair Mayonnaise. My hair did not take to it at all, and this probably contributed to my breakage problems. It's time to give my what it wants. 
  • Leave-in: AfrobyNature Hydrating Leave-in sealed with Tropic Isle JBCO with Sage. Oiled my scalp with Tropic Isle JBCO with Sage + Coconut oil + Peppermint oil
  • Styling: The heat here now is crazy and I hate having hair on my neck on when I'm sweaty. It drives me crazy. So, I settled on a style that would protect my hair but keep it of my neck. Bantu knots with extensions.
Bantu knots with extension

Bantu knots

Do you like my hairstyle? I'm loving it. If you try it, tag me on instagram. @hairvolutionbybee.

xx,
Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...